Friday, October 27, 2006

Puppy progress and puppy regression

While Caleb continues to get braver every day it seems that Lily took a slight backward turn. She's avoiding us and hiding in her kennel all of a sudden. It's not terrible but it's not her usual. And it's breaking my heart a little.

We can't figure out what would have scared her and made her regress. This just came out of the blue.

So, we think maybe she might have some problems with the stairs and or perhaps some arthritis. She hesitates to come up or down the stairs to our back door. And she hasnt' been able to jump up on her chair as of late. So maybe she doesn't feel very good.

The other thing that changed was that I washed her bed. So it wasn't down in it's usual spot for a while. That might have upset her. I put it back this morning when it was done drying and she seemed to be happy to have it back. But I can't tell if it was the only thing upsetting her.

I'll see how she is tonight when we get home. And over the weekend. If she continues to avoid the stairs and chair then we might bring her in to the vet. And daddy might need to build some risers for her so she can take smaller steps.

On the good side Sophie continues to bond with Caleb. They cuddle more and more. Last night I had them both on the couch with me and Caleb even let me pet him for a while. With Lily being more kennel bound he seems to follow her lead and hide a little more. But still, he's coming a long.

No comments: