Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long Overdue

It's been a while since I talked about how the dogs are doing. I guess they are almost so normal for us now that I forget that I should be keeping track.

Caleb and Lily are wonderful. We are just a month and a few days shy of a year with them.

We have come so far with those pups.

Caleb is braver and happier than ever. Last night in fact when I got home from work he let me give him lots of love with both hands. He didn't shy away when he saw that I was using two hands as he has for so very long.

He scrambles over his brother and sisters to demand love from me. And every night he sticks his head closer to me so that I can give him good night pets in the kennel. He doesn't hide at the very back any more. He sits closer to the front so that he can get his goodnight love.

Lily is simply my baby girl. She is happy and crazy around me and hubster.

We have a ways to go with guests. They still do a lot of fear barking. But after my folks stayed at the house for two weeks the dogs were adjusted to them at almost the same level of comfort as they have with the me and the hubster.

Overall, they are doing fabulous!

2 comments:

rockstar86 said...

i know this not the correct place to post such a thing but i just had to tell u that when i came accross ur profile i was star struck or something! its unbelievable! ok i love all thos movies u love plus queen of the damned and the books.i love animals all sorts, especially furry things and cats and dogs. i go walking everyday cuz i love it i eat 90 % of what u said u eat and i work at a cat shelter too. i have the same taste in music too. the weird thing about that is that am not even american and i have neevr been there! and we have that much in common! am shocked! so i had to let u know that cuz for me its fascinating and crazy. and the way u posted stuff on ur blogs thats exactly how i would describe the things that am talking about.

rockstar86 said...

i am a chocoholic and love shoes and am very passionate and have alot of compassion for all weak, dumb, disabled,small things. i used to be a volunteer in a cancer reasearch center. i used to play with the cancer children and try to make their dsaty there easier. all the kids were terminal. and once one of the sweetest of them just passed away, i couldnt take it anymore and i quit working there. i felt that a part of me died with him. he was like my own child. i cried for weeks to come and had nightmares every day.thats when i volunteered at the cat shelter. it was much easier to deal with a loss of a cat than a human being. i dunno y am telling u all this newt but a certainly did feel a huge connection . i fidget around alot and bite my lips when am nervous.